Saturday, August 29, 2009

Email and letter excerpts 8/3/09

8/3/09 - Mom & Dad,

We’re doing e-mail in a different place these days (more convenient and faster internet), so it's at a different time, too. Sorry if that's throwing you off. Oh, and my apartment is (probably) going to be four elders, all Spanish missionaries, when all is said and done.

Thanks for forwarding Jon's (Jon Pitts - friend from BYU-I) mission call comments from Facebook. It's great to know when and where he's going out.

Romar and Sarah sent me a package sent me a package while I was in the MTC, and I thought I sent a response/thank you, but I can't really remember, it's quite possible I didn't actually, and I should. I hope I can still find their address. I might not be able to right now.

Good luck on the swim! It sounds like fun to me! It'll probably be a fun experience for you...once you're out of the water on the other side :) What date is the triathlon? I'll mark it on my calendar.

Tony's back at the natatorium! Wow, it's cool to hear about him moving along. Maybe there's an off chance I'll see him somewhere in two years. Thanks for the news. "Hi" back to him.

I think I've hit a kind of mail drop. So keep the letters coming! I don't usually get other mail in the week except when Philip writes. And I got an email from Minh today!

Anyhow, I like the desert and the "Joshua trees" that we have here. I think Ill come back and camp out at least once out here after my mission.

Trips to the temple are separate from zone meetings or conferences. So far, they've been happening every transfer, but I hear some sad hints that they're going to be decreased to once every two transfers, so that's going to be rather sparse :( Especially considering how much work we're doing as missionaries. But life goes on.

And, about transfers, I do know a little bit now, but not everything. I'm going to be staying here. My companion is not. Also, my next companion is going to be the district leader in my new district. That'll be a good thing, seeing as we need a Spanish district leader to do baptismal interviews for Spanish-speakers. Otherwise, President Sanchez can give special permission for a missionary to do an interview (such as when the entire desert doesn't have a Spanish district leader, like this last transfer). I don't know who my next companion will be, however.

We had some good lessons this week especially one with the Cordero family, which is a really nice family that has interest but just haven't come to church. The father's work gets in the way. But we had a nice visit and brought the ward mission leader, his wife and daughter. ... We also had the chance to deliver the sacrament to a handicapped person. It was fun to deliver the sacrament again.

Some scriptures I noted in my missionary journal this week were Helaman 14:13-17 and 3 Nephi 7:24 and 25. The first one is about Christ, and the second is about the relationship between repentence and baptism.

And thanks for sharing the snippet from your mission. With love,

With love, Adrian

No comments:

Post a Comment