Saturday, January 30, 2010

Jan 25, 2010

Jan 25, 2010

Wow, I had no idea that the Kidson's would be looking at the blog, not to mention ever praying for me. Thanks for the update.

Yep, the baptism happened! There was a different baptizer for each of the three people. A member in the ward baptized the father, and Elder Lewis baptized the 10-year old, and I baptized the 8-year old. It was my first performance of a baptism!

By the way, my companion's name is Elder Lewis. And I figured out another way to help you figure out who that is, in case my previous info. didn't help. On the MTC district picture in front of the map that you posted on my blog, the Elder's names go as such, from left to right: Elder Yates, me, Elder Lewis, Elder Stark, Elder Call, Elder Hayter, Elder Rosemann, and Elder Harrison.

Elder Lewis isn't wearing his cast anymore, and he was even able to baptize yesterday (it's his left shoulder), but his left shoulder did hurt when he got out of the water.

Due to his bike accident, we're driving an old Mazda. As we discovered in all the rain we got out here, the right windshield wiper occaisionally pops out of place, and we have to fix it. Sadly, it does not have a GPS. But my bike is still OK. My companion will be wanting a new front tire. Well, it was a little closer to winter for a while. We did get a lot of rain. But it never feels like winter to my companion, who's from Utah, so that influence kind of impedes it. Ironically, if we'd been on bike, we wouldn't have been able to go out, there was so much (rain). However, we'd just happened to have gotten a car. So, sometimes blessings come in strange ways.

And, no, we didn't feel the earthquake. We went over to one family's house and they asked us if we'd felt it, but we hadn't. Apparently it had just happened during our previous appointment, but neither I nor my companion felt it. It was centered in Rancho Cucamonga, as you mentioned, so we didn't get it, except really lightly.

By the way, could you mail me that poem? I know that you've sent it to me once before, but if you could do it again, I'd sure appreciate it. Thank you!

-------------------
Here is the poem Adrian requested:

"When things go wrong as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill.
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh.
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest if you must, but don't you quit.

Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As everyone of us sometimes learns.
And many a fellow turns about,
When he might have won had he stuck it out.
Don't give up though the pace seems slow,
You may succeed with another blow.

Often the goal is nearer than
It seems to a faint and faltering man.
Often the struggler has given up,
When he might have captured the victor's cup.
And he learned too late when the night came down,
How close he was to the golden crown.

Success is failure turned inside out,
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt.
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems afar.
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit,
It's when things seem worst that you mustn't quit."
---Author Unknown


No comments:

Post a Comment