Saturday, January 23, 2010

January 4 and 11

January 4 -

New Year's was pretty uneventful for us. Missionaries had to be back in our apratments by 6pm. So we pretty much chilled. My companion was sick this week to the point where we had to stay in one day and make sure to take care of him on other days. I was the only healthy one in the aprtment on New Year's Eve. Elder Lewis and Elder White are both sick and Elder Hernandez had an allergic reaction to the Aspirin in Excedrin and had to be taken to the hospital. He was recovering the rest of the day too. Now he and I are healthy but our compaions are still sick.

We did have one big thing happen that was the major event of the week. That would be that we set a baptismal date with our smoker investigator. We had a really good meeting with him, taught him the second lesson and set the date for February 6th. So that makes three investigators with baptismal goals right now. It is still a challenge to get them to come to church so the dates sometimes have to be pushed back.

Jan 11 -

Well, we had another week of people who promised to come not coming. But on the positive side, one of our investigators (whose mother is a member) wants his children to be baptized. One is 8 and the other 10. If all goes well we could have abaptism of three generations on the same day (the member's husband is the smoker we've been working with). And --- one of our investigators just cam back from Mexico. I like hearing about someone flying to or from Mexico because it means they're legal. Every once in a while, a member or an investigator will get deported.

Today our zone leader sent out a text invite to basketball like "Hoops, Dreams, at the Waterman building at 2:30. Bring your sister's addresses." Guess he is looking for someone to write to him...

Hm...yes, in my recent letters, I mentioned quite a few goals for after my mission. Well, to be optimistic, I plan on having all the time in the world! Oh yes, I suppose there's life, but... pish-posh, who actually wants to progress in life? I'm quite sure I'll enjoy taking a breather and developing talents, but as far as I'm concerned, the mission is enough actual responsibility to last several lifetimes. After coming home, I may just never have any desire to ever leave again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment