Sunday, September 6, 2009

Email and letter excerpts 9/1/09

In answer to your question, OYM stands for Open Your Mouth, in which case you just sort of walk around and talk to people in the streets. So up here, you don't get to talk to nearly as many people as in the valley, I hear, because the valley's more populated and dense city-like. I hear they have more investigators down in the valley also, so that might be something to look forward to if I get transferred in two weeks.

One random note, I am currently the youngest missionary in the apartment. The other junior companion came out 3 months before me.

I got the Ward missionary newsletter this past week ... that was pretty cool.

We were able to get back in contact with an investigator named Raul, and we thought he wanted to come to church this week, but he didn't show up. On a positive note, there's a little bit more news with Jesus (the former atheist investigator). Due to the missionary area changes, he's not in our area any more but I still keep up with the news as he was once our investigator. Jesus and Jenny came to church this week. It's clear when talking with Jesus that he actually understands the significance of what we're saying and takes it seriously.

'Til next time,
Adrian

No comments:

Post a Comment